Monday, March 23, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

Monday:
B: Bacon and egg biscuits
L: Leftovers
D: Pasta E Fagioli

Tuesday:
B: Baked Oatmeal
L: Leftovers
D: Chicken Burritos

Wednesday:
B: Cheesy Fried Potatoes
L: Taco Salad
D: Chick peas and veggies with brown rice

Thursday:
B: Cereal and fruit
L: Leftovers
D: Leftovers

Friday:
B: Muffins and applesauce
L: Crab cake sandwich
D: German Potato Soup / Grilled cheese

Saturday:
B: Blueberry and cream cheese french toast
L: Leftovers
D: BBQ chicken over baked potatoes with steamed veggies

Sunday:
B: Cereal and fruit bars
L: BBQ chicken pizza
D: Chicken and dumplings (my great-grandmothers recipe)

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Awesome! I just planned for next week and now I am itching for another week...I haven't decided if I will wait till this Wednesday to plan for the following week after I see what is in the grocery circulars or not!

Kristen said...

The vegetarian chili and hot roast beef sandwiches we make are slow cooker too. And so easy. Thank goodness for our slow cookers!

Margaret said...

Our great grandmother has a recipe for chicken and dumplings?

Karen said...

Mom's grandmother, Leela. She probably had a recipe for the chicken, but I only have a recipe for the dumplings. I'm making a thick chicken soup in the crock pot and adding her dumplings to it. Mom said she made them for the first time during a trip to Grandma's and they were wonderful.

Gran said...

Margaret, your great-grandmother died before Jenny was born. She made the most delicious C&D ever. AND, on my visit to your grandmother's house, I MADE THE RECIPE!!!! First time I had it since long before she died, and it tasted just as good.

Mom

Gran said...

Karen, et al: That's Lelah Grace. A most unusual spelling.

CygnetMommy said...

Thanks for posting your menu! I made oatmeal and muffins for breakfast today, and Xander was a wonder with the spoon, first time ever, really!

Karen said...

Oatmeal is a great one to start spoon work with, it's just so sticky! Mashed potatoes, too. Children feeding themselves is a wonderful thing! :)