Friday, October 16, 2009

Reeces Krispie Treats

I wanted to bake something yesterday for Steve's birthday, but since the kids all had fevers (and Gabe was vomiting and not eating much) extra time was nil. I decided to throw together some rice krispie treats, at least he would have something. When I was getting out the marshmallows I noticed we had a bag of Reeces peanut butter chips. I figured those would perk them up (not to mention he loves peanut butter.) But that got me thinking of how else I could add to them. I settled on something chocolate, the perfect complement. They did not disappoint. They were fast, easy and delicious.

6 cups krispie cereal
3 Tbsp butter
1 bag (or 10 oz) mini marshmallows
8 oz Reeces peanut butter chips
2 Tbsp Devils Food pudding mix

Melt butter in saucepan over med-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat and stir in pudding mix.
Pour peanut butter chips and Krispies into a large bowl. Pour on marshmallow mixture and quickly stir to coat all cereal. Press mixture into a greased 9x13x2 pan and let cool.