Friday, March 4, 2011

My Little Loves

As a mom, I think about my kids all the time.  What they're doing, saying, eating, playing, learning, and loving is on my mind fairly well from morning to night.  These three little people who live in my house mean the world to me and I thank the Lord for the gift that they are.

But I also have two other children who live in God's house.  Though I never met them, I hold a deep love for them and think of them every day.  Especially now, when I would have been holding the youngest in my arms, our family adjusting to a new baby in the house.  I have several friends who were pregnant the same time as me and are now all giving birth to healthy, beautiful children.  I am genuinely happy for them, though I will probably always look at these children throughout their life and think, "My baby would have been your age...."

But it does not give me grief, for I know they are with our Lord, and I have faith and hope that I will meet them one day.  Until then, I will hold them in my thoughts and in my heart, always thankful for them and the blessings they brought to our family;  helping us to grow together in love and strengthening our faith in our Lord.

My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me
I cannot see the colours He worketh steadily.
Oft times He weaveth sorrow and I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper and I the underside.

Not till the looms are silent and the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the Weaver’s skilful hands
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.

~Author unknown

3 comments:

Carrie and Andrew Rogers said...

<3

hobbitmom said...

Argh, Karen. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
I so know how you feel on this one. I remember we were due on December 23rd and all I could think that Christmas was, where are the baby's presents? Such a joyous time of year became so heartbreaking that year. This time of year is also difficult because it is when we lost that baby. I will never forget the pain of that Easter or Mother's Day. In fact, to this day when I am at mass on Easter or Mother's Day I silently pray for all the women who will never hold their babies in this life that they will hold them in their hearts until they are reunited someday. Hugs and blessings.<3 Kristen