Thursday, April 9, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

1. We purchased our first pieces of equipment for the restaurant yesterday, a 4 burner stove with convection oven and a conveyor toaster oven. Steve traveled to a restaurant auction and got them for an amazing deal. Whee!

2. I have gotten better about offering up the moments when I feel overwhelmed, ready to scream, or cry, or give up. Whenever I feel myself getting to that point I start singing the Divine Mercy Chaplet, or a song of praise and can feel myself calming down and refocusing. (I need to expand on my spiritual soundtrack though... any suggestions?)

3. I recently received a new floral cupcake pan and whipped up a quick batch last night. They came out of the silicone mold easily and showed all of the detail very clearly. I made up a glaze with powdered sugar, milk and strawberry jam to dip them in, and although the glaze didn't harden as much as I would have liked, they were still quite tasty.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Yum! Wish us luck we are baking bread tomorrow!