Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One of those days

The kind of day where the hitting, spitting milk, freshly chewed food being thrown, feet on the table, throwing toys at the TV, failed potty attempts, running out of diapers and cries to be picked up threaten to push me past my breaking point.


God, teach me to be patient, teach me to go slow,
Teach me how to wait on You when my way I do not know.
Teach me sweet forbearance when things do not go right
So I remain unruffled when others grow uptight.
Teach me how to quiet my racing, rising heart
So I might hear the answer You are trying to impart.
Teach me to let go, dear God, and pray undisturbed until
My heart is filled with inner peace and I learn to know your will.
Amen.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That is a beautiful prayer. We were having one of those days a few days ago!

Margaret said...

Oh no! Praying for you (and your sanity). Just remember, Scarlett: Tomorrow is another day.

CygnetMommy said...

Thanks for that, Karen! With my busy boys, I need that prayer every other day, it seems!