1. Halloween went by quickly this year and without a working camera we weren't able to get many pictures. But the kids had a great time (minus a minor meltdown before bedtime) and collected a serious amount of candy. Addie (a Candy Corn Witch) was fearless, excitedly troting up to each house and saying Trick or Treat before the door was even opened. Gabe (Thomas the Tank Engine) was more cautious, only venturing up when the bowl of goodies came out and all dogs were properly restrained. Juliana (a ladybug) came out for a bit with Gran, riding in the stroller for a while then tottering up to the houses to be awwed over.
2. We are all finally kicking off the last shackles of illness. I think it was 3 solid weeks of fevers, colds, coughs, and croupe. We're ready to get back to visiting family and friends!
3. Every morning we end our Circle Time with a blessing for each of the kids. It took Gabe a few days to learn the proper response of, Amen. It used to be
Me: "May God bless you and your angel watch over you today."
4. Some of our best friends are going sky diving on Sunday. Needless to say, we turned down the invitation. (I barely like going flying as it is. You couldn't pay me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.) But we will be going out to watch the jump and cheer them on. It should be a memorable afternoon!
5. Gabe sat down at the latptop the other day and looked at the logo. He then pointed to each letter in turn and said, quickly and confidently, "T-O-S-H-I-B-A." He is always surprising me with how quickly he's learning.
6. I have seriously fallen behind in some things around here, namely yoga (I did it for 2 solid weeks and felt wonderful! Then we all got sick and that went right out the window) and meal planning. I've gotten better about figuring out dinner earlier in the day to avoid last minute panic, but I need to get back to pre-planning a whole week. It takes away so much hassel.
7. We have been receiving wonderful feedback at our restaurant and are getting closer and closer to the break even point. Quite a feat since we've only been open 5 months. We change some of our menu seasonaly and are exicted to be introducing soups and hot pastas soon! Ahhh, the ability to have an idea and implement it with no obstacles... priceless!
*this posted linked to Conversion Diary*